COMPANY BACKGROUND Solco Healthcare U.S., headquartered in Cranbury, New Jersey, is an industry leader in marketing and distributing generic pharmaceuticals. Solco is committed to providing our customers with high quality, cost effective and innovative generic prescription medications. Solco offers a broad range of generic prescription products in a variety therapeutic categories, including cardiovascular, pain management and central nervous system products to name a few. Solco currently markets 38 products, with an additional 40 products pending approval by the FDA, and a robust R&D pipeline of potential new products. Our products are manufactured in state-of-the-art GMP facilities in China using the highest quality assurance standards that meet the FDA regulatory requirements. Solco is a fully owned subsidiary of Prinston Pharmaceutical, Inc. and Zhejiang Huahai Pharmaceutical , leaders in drug development and manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) and finished dosage products. Together we strive to offer greater access to affordable medications that you can trust.
SUMMARY This is a newly created role in the expanding Solco Order-to-Cash (OTC) organization managing the customer finance and customer service operations. The role includes working cross-functionally to drive operational rigor, first class customer service, financial control, and end-to-end process excellence. The Sr. Manager will be charged with driving continuous process analysis and improvement to drive efficiencies and scale in support of ongoing business growth. Key responsibilities include the ownership of customer service, customer invoicing, and Accounts Receivable (AR) processes.
An important part of this role will be to supervise, coach, mentor one direct report.
- Manage the day-to-day Order to Cash activities, including but not limited to pricing master, customer master, collections, cash application and AR reporting, ensuring they meet process standards and policy
- Supervise and manage all aspects of the Customer Service Department and personnel on a day-to-day basis
- Plan and schedule the work of the Customer Service Department for the most effective utilization of employees, equipment and material within budgetary, cost and quality standards
- Own and lead all related entity customer invoices and AR deliverables
- Partner collaboratively with Business Process Owners across Finance, Sales, and Supply Chain organization to manage, analyze, and improve end-to-end OTC operations
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of all invoices, adjustments and credit memos
- Actively lead and participate in ongoing process transformation and continuous improvement initiatives; including cross-functional projects, system implementations, and end-to-end root cause analysis to identify risks and prevent errors
- Manage customer service personnel and all human resources-related issues, such as hiring, training, counseling, disciplining, performance evaluations, incentive plans, conflict
- Participate in the development, management, ongoing analysis and communication of key OTC metrics and KPIs
- Be heavily involved in daily / weekly huddles with business/ customer teams in order to be aware of the day-to-day issues and escalations and to understand major process gaps in order to drive process changes and improvements
- Support Accounting partners with transactional backup and documentation for statutory, audit and financial reporting obligations
- Recruit, retain, develop and mentor direct reporting personnel (Customer service representatives)
EXPERIENCE Required Skills:
- Minimum 10 years experience in customer service and finance activities (AR, Credit, Collections), reflecting increasing levels of responsibility and subject matter expertise, including at least 5 years management experience.
- Strong leadership skills with experience of empowering people; developing individual skills to their maximum potential, training and employee development as well as continuous improvement
- Proven commitment to process excellence, continuous improvement, and partnering cross-functionally to meet corporate goals and targets.
- Willingness and ability to work hands-on, collaboratively and with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in global and cross-functional environments.
- Proven record of leading OTC related projects and initiatives to successful conclusion
- ERP system experience, SAP a plus
- Desired Skills: A mixture of Global Order-to-Cash operational know-how, Pharma savvy, and direct experience partnering with Finance, Commercial and Supply Chain Functions would be a distinct advantage.
EDUCATION Bachelors in Business related field, Finance/Accounting a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.